These are a few of my favorite things! They’ve gotten me through some of the more difficult days, give me strength, and just genuinely put a smile on my face:
- My Family
- My friends from home, my Disney home, and my home away from home: Rutgers University
- My doctors and nurses: and overall pretty much everyone who has ever had to put up with me at Shands Hospital, Pennsylvania Hospital and UPenn Presby Hospital
- Everyone who has ever taken the time to send me a card or a prayer when I was in the hospital– I truly cannot thank you enough.
- Yoga: my practice has become such an integral part of my life and I cannot wait to share what I have learned as I begin my journey as a certified yoga teacher.
- My trainers, trainees, friends who have become students, students who have become friends and my yoga community in general
- The adaptive yoga community: I cannot wait to learn all that I possibly can to make yoga as inclusive as possible for anyone who is interested in getting involved!
- Shonda Rhimes It’s no secret that when it comes to movies and TV shows, I am a true fanatic. What I especially appreciate about them are the aspects of story telling and characterizations. Shonda’s shows are incredibly consistent with their themes and character point of views, and i love how her shows have the craziest twists and turns in the most unexpected places. I think she’s changing the “norm’s” of storytelling and television. This woman inspires me endlessly.. Even though I was and always will be the original “Smelly Mely”.
- Pentatonix: because
- Meditation: Taking the time to take care of my inner self and being mindful about my thoughts and intentions is BEYOND HELPFUL. Just try it, you won’t regret it.
- Game of Thrones
- Saturday Night Live
- James Franco
- Sharna Burgess, Allison Holker, and motherf*cking Peta
- Winged Eyeliner
- Ban Mhi Sandwiches— sans Jalapenos, with extra peanut sauce on the side